Dr. Jane's Visit to Singapore [August 2017]
In conjunction with our 10th anniversary, JGIS is planning for Dr. Jane to visit Singapore and celebrate with everyone here right around National Day!
We have exciting events lined up, so stay connected with us through Facebook, or sign up for our newsletter. If you're interested to find out how you help out during the event, sign up to be on our volunteer mailing list.
For sponsorship and partnership enquires, please write to us.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Art Competition: Living in Harmony with Singapore Wildlife [June 2017]
In anticipation of Dr. Jane's visit in August 2017, Jane Goodall Institute Singapore is organising an art competition for all budding Roots & Shoots artists!
All Roots & Shoots members are invited to submit a piece of artwork showing their interpretation of the theme: Living in Harmony with Singapore Wildlife.
All participants will stand a chance to meet Dr. Jane in person, and also to have your artwork displayed during our public event!
All Roots & Shoots students/ members, regardless of age, are eligible for this competition. All submissions must be original.
- All artwork will be judged and selected using digital images.
- Participants or their teachers must submit a scanned copy of the artwork to email@example.com.
- The digital file must be saved in JPEG/ PNG format, at the maximum quality level.
- Each digital file must be labelled with the artist's name, school/ institution, title of work, and medium. (e.g.: Lina Lin Li Na_XYZ Secondary School_Bird Watcher_Watercolour)
- There is no restriction on size and artwork medium, but each participant may only submit a maximum of 1 entry.
- Participants may also submit a short 15- 20 second video along with their artwork to explain the message behind their art pieces.
All artwork must be received by JGIS no later than 30th June 2017. Results will be announced during the second week of July. We will then send along details for the winning artist to submit their hard copy artwork to us.
Winners & Prizes
- Top 15 participants will be invited to an exclusive Q&A session with Dr. Jane Goodall!
- Winning artworks will be displayed during our August public event & on social media platforms.
- Certificates of appreciation for all submitted entries.
Festival of Biodiversity [May 2017]
Jane Goodall Institute Singapore (JGIS) will be part of the annual Festival of Biodiversity organized by NParks! Held over a 2-day period in May, the event aims to showcase Singapore’s impressive and unique array of biodiversity. It celebrates Singapore’s natural heritage with hopes to bring about greater awareness of the biodiversity that Singapore has.
JGIS will be focusing on primate species native to Singapore, as well as raising awareness on human-primate conflicts, and sharing other educational programmes related to biodiversity and the community. Come by our booth to learn more, and see how you can be involved with our programmes!
Date: 27 & 28 May 2017 (Saturday & Sunday)
Venue: NEX shopping mall, Event Plaza@B2
Time: 10.30 a.m. to 10.30 p.m.