Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Long Term Volunteer Roles
We are looking for people to join us long term to help build awareness for the Jane Goodall Institute Singapore. We need people of all skill sets to join our teams listed below.
The planning team of JGIS meets every Sunday to discuss strategic plans and organize resources for ongoing projects and events. If you are interested in doing skills-based volunteering and helping behind the scenes at JGIS, look no further!
Fundraising and Events Planning
If you have excellent communication skills and a strong passion for the JGI mission, support us in our fundraising activities and assist in identifying and managing relationships with potential donors and sponsors. The role also requires you to assist the fundraising team in the development of fundraising budgets and policies.
Commitment: Minimum of 6 months, at least 1 face-to-face meeting per month during our Sunday sessions. 2 hours on a daily basis and more leading towards the event.
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Overall manager for intern welfare, admin and information
- Introduce interns to general JGIS content and structure
- Responsible for intern well-being and feedback
Intern Recruitment Coordinator
- Coordinator for processes pertaining to recruitment of interns, including external and online platforms
- Liase with universities and career portals on recruitment of students
- Create online recruitment and informative content
- Participate in career or recruitment fairs
Volunteer Manager (For Primates and Non-Primates)
- Overall managers for volunteer coordinator, welfare, admin and information
- Introduce volunteers to general JGIS content and structure
- Responsible for volunteer well-being and feedback
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator:
- Coordinator for processes pertaining to recruitment of volunteers, including external and online platforms
- Connect externally on volunteer recruitment platforms to promote JGIS’ volunteer opportunities
- Create content for online platforms such as social media and newsletter posts
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OUTREACH TEAM
- Research, plan and produce regular content for social media engagement
- Schedule and post content on social media platforms
- Collate performance metrics for posts (likes, shares, comments)
Commitment: 1 hour per week for content creation and at least 1 face-to-face meeting per month during our Sunday sessions
If you are interested in this role, do send us your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com
Graphic Designer (Similar to current website)
Do you have a passion for communications design and the talent for art and creativity? Join us as one of our graphic designers to design quality graphics and illustrations for our digital content including website, resources and tools, and infographics.
Commitment: Ad-hoc basis